2019 Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC)
January 1 - May 31
CNYBAC, provides an intensive mentorship and early stage startup program, MDIC, supported in-part through an Empire State Development grant. Teams accepted into the six-month program receive FREE workspace and participate in intensive mentorship, networking development, access to equipment and fee-waived registration to the “Concept to Commercialization” Bootcamp and NEXT Innovation Conference.
MDIC Teams will have the ability to:
- Gain access to University researchers and graduate students
- Apply to University-based student engineering capstone programs
- Produce marketing and customer data
- Determine regulatory strategy
- Develop a Business Plan and Pitch Presentation
- Gain assistance from Innovation Ecosystem mentors and provider networks
- Access 3D printer, CAD drawing software and resources to assist in early prototype development
- Applications open in January each year; deadline is May 31
For questions or more info call 315-464-9288, 315-464-9290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MDIC Review Committee selects participants based on clarity of innovation idea, the lead applicant/team members, scalability and product viability.