- This event has passed.
2018 Round 2: FuzeHub’s Jeff Lawrence Innovation Fund Application Open
May 1, 2018
The Manufacturing Grants are designed to encourage collaboration between companies and non-profit organizations in New York State that work with the manufacturing industry.
- Non-profit organizations in New York State
- Applicants must partner with a New York State small and medium sized manufacturer (less than 500 employees), or early stage company with a project relevant to the manufacturing sector.
- All team members, including the company benefiting from the project, must be located in New York State.
- Applicants may only submit one application. In the case of a university, up to three different centers or departments at a given university may apply.
Eligible Uses / Project Types
Funding will be used by the applicant to assist companies with the following types of projects:
- Adoption on new technology to enhance a process and/or product
- Prototype development
- Design for manufacturing
- Proof-of-concept manufacturing
- Manufacturing scale-up
- Manufacturing-related equipment purchases
- Other projects to advance manufacturing or manufacturing capabilities
The project must be clearly defined and ready to be undertaken. Any project costs that were incurred prior to the grant agreement date are ineligible for reimbursement. Projects must be completed within two years of an award, and smaller projects may require earlier completion.
Applicants may apply for up to $50,000. The number of awards made may vary by funding round depending on other uses of the Fund and the quality of applications received. FuzeHub maintains the right to award less than is being requested.
Applicant teams involving companies with 50 or more employees combined are required to contribute a match according to the sliding scale below, with at least 50% of the match in the form of cash equity. If an application includes multiple companies, the match requirement is based on the total employees of combined companies.